Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kara -

Gore continues to run several hundred cfs above the historical average (Yay!) ... I was just wondering if you expect that to continue through next Sunday, Oct. 11 .... And out of curiosity, why are we so lucky to have this much water for so long this year?

As always, thanks a bunch for all your help/info this season.

-Mike

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hey Kara -

Gore continues to run several hundred cfs above the historical average (Yay!) ... I was just wondering if you expect that to continue through next Sunday, Oct. 11 .... And out of curiosity, why are we so lucky to have this much water for so long this year?

As always, thanks a bunch for all your help/info this season.

-Mike
Hi Mike,
We had to declare a surplus in water stored in some of the accounts in Green Mountain this year. So, I suspect folks are taking that water. That is good because we need to get the reservoir down to a certain elevation range by season's end.

While we have not declared a surplus in recent years past, the current cfs out of Green Mountain Dam seems more familiar to me than unusual. For the past seven years, we've had good flows out of Green Mountain for late summer and early fall. That just seems to be how the folks who have rights to that water have been calling for it the past several years. Green Mountain seems to have become a late season reservoir.

Right now, we're releasing about 740 cfs from the dam to the Lower Blue. We've been around that for the past couple of weeks. I am guessing that release rate, or there-about, will remain well into this month. But don't quote me on that! ;)

Best,
Kara

1 - 2 of 2 Posts