Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
This just in on the Lower Blue:

Due to the lack of a Shoshone Powerplant call and the steadily declining basin runoff, the flow in the Colorado River is dropping to below normal levels. In an effort to assist in partially offsetting the lower than normal Colorado River flow, discretionary power releases of approximately 150 cfs will be made from Green Mountain Reservoir. This 150 cfs increase in release rate will occur in two steps this afternoon. With the current release rate being 550 cfs, today’s increases should result in a flow of approximately 700cfs at the Blue River gage below the dam by this evening.

Give me a holler if you have questions, etc. I'll be in until after 5:00 tonight and all day tomorrow.

Happy boating!
--Kara

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Thanks for the info Kara! I assume that this release will be in place through the weekend at least?

Any word on the Big T? Looks like there is almost 200 coming out now below lake estes. Any chance of a bump there?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DeepSouth,
I'm assuming so, too, and will post a change if I learn of one tomorrow. There very well could be changes over the weekend; so as always, just keep an eye on the gage.

Meanwhile, on Big T, you're right. We're releasing about 193 cfs. I just don't see that changing anytime soon. In fact, if it does change, it will probably go down.

Wish I had better news for you on that one!

Best,
Kara

1 - 4 of 4 Posts