Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Some of you have been asking about Reclamation's operation of Green Mountain in light of the Shoshone Powerplant situation. Today, I have news:

Due to the lack of a Shoshone Powerplant call and the steadily declining basin runoff, the flow in the Colorado River has dropped to below normal levels. In an effort to assist in partially offsetting the lower than normal Colorado River flow, we have increased our releases from Green Mountain Dam. In three separate increments, two yesterday afternoon and one this morning, we increased our releases from 350 cfs to 550 cfs.

By this afternoon, releases from the dam to the Lower Blue River were around 550 cfs. We will maintain a release of about 550 cfs until further notice.

As always, please feel free to contact me by phone or e-mail if you have additional questions. I'll be in all day tomorrow, Friday August 3.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some pueblo beta

Soylent Green,
We're sending 1470 cfs out of Pueblo right now (8:30 a.m.) because we're bypassing rainwater from upstream.

Typically, we get a call from the State in the morning telling us how to readjust the gates (based on who stopped or started taking water down stream), but we haven't had that call, yet. So hold on a minute, we're calling...

Sounds like they'll have us cut releases back just a little bit. If it's more than 100 cfs, I'll put up another post.

Have a great weekend!
--Kara

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is klamb the s#%t or what? Where else are you going to get these hour by hour updates?My whole lower blue season has depended on her!CHEERS klamb!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts