Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
The recent rain and snow have put water up in the high country. That means demands on the Colorado River have dropped off.

So, over the last few days we have scaled back releases from Green Mountain Dam to the Lower Blue by almost 200 cfs.

By this evening, the Lower Blue should be running around 100 cfs.

Give me a holler if you have questions. Tomorrow, I'm off for the day, so feel free to call my cell phone at (970) 215-9545.

Otherwise, call me at work or e-mail me.

Happy fall!
--Kara

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Kara, do you have any idea if Green Mtn will be releasing again this year or is it most likely done? Also, I know a lot of people were wondering about releases out of Robert's Tunnel into the North Fork of the South Platte. Usually they happen this time of year, but we haven't really seen them. Do you know if they will be coming? Thanks so much for all of the info.
Joe

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All,
I wish I had a better answer for y'all, but I don't know what to expect from Green Mountain for the rest of this month or October. It is a difficult time of year for predicting the weather--of course, when isn't it hard to predict the weather in Colorado?

Weather and agricultural demands are the two biggest factors in determining Lower Blue flow from the dam.

I had no new information today, Friday, so it's a safe bet the Lower Blue will not get above around 100 cfs this weekend.

Try the Big T instead!

Best,
Kara

1 - 4 of 4 Posts