Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Looks like releases from Green Mountain reservoir to the Lower Blue bumped up yesterday. They had been down around 100 cfs, but two adjustments to releases this week have put them back around 300 cfs.

I'm not sure how boatable 300 cfs is on the Lower Blue and I'm not sure how long that will be the cfs. As I mentioned in an earlier post today, rain is really playing havoc with water demands and resulting release schedules. Part of our increased releases at Green Mountain, though, is due to the Shoshone power call, which is back on after being down most of summer for maintenance. So, it might be worth it to check the gage on the Colorado River below Shoshone, or where ever that gage is. I don't actually know. :oops:

Definitely check the gage before you head up for the Lower Blue. Hopefully, I'll get an update before the weekend.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And up some more.

We're increasing releases to about 410 cfs in the Lower Blue today. This just might last through the weekend...

--Kara

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,465 Posts
kara, you have been great! any idea if it will stay above 400 through monday? thinking of coming to fish but below 400 gets too boney in the lower section. dont want trouble. if not when will it go down? If it says 400 in the morning will I run into less when I get there? dont want to end up sittin on 200 around the lower territory. might touch bottom. thanks, zach

1 - 3 of 3 Posts