Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Now that security levels have once again dropped, we are changing the security protocol at Green Mountain Dam for access to the Lower Blue. We will now have the gate open during the week.

This means access to the Lower Blue will be open Sunday through Saturday--7 days a week! But, please keep in mind that access is only open during the day. The gate will be unlocked each morning at 8 a.m. and close each evening at 7 p.m. So, as usual, please make sure all cars and equipment are removed from the area before the gate closes or we will have to have them towed.

The next question is: what are the flows like on the Lower Blue? Today, they are quite low, around 150 cfs. Through February they have fluctuated between 150 and 220 cfs, or so. Pretty bony, but probably good for fishing.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, etc.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks much for the info. We really appreciate your commincation.

But, on a lighter note, I am always very amused by the Green Mountain Dam security. Yes, let's protect against terrorists using the 10 truck bumbs that would be needed to damage the earthen dam and create a flood that would kill perhaps 200 people down stream. If only terrorists were that dumb.

I can only think the Sherriff needs job justification or that county government officials live down stream of the dam, have bought into the Bush scare tactics, and want to sleep soundly.

but, given this reality, it is nice to know about access restrictions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts