Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good description of what low water is like on Parkdale? Is it worth running at this level? Is the magic wave still up at low water? - Thanks, dpj

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
A wave at 350 cfs? Very doubtful. I am running a section on Saturday but I don't understand your question. Is it worth it? Yes if you are going to be sitting on your ass watching football. No if you have permit to run the Grand.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I ran it 2-3 times in the past couple of weeks, and the run it still fun and worth it. I ran from Spikebuck to just about Parkdale, and other than a few of the rapids being bony, it was great -- warm water, sunny days, plenty of rocks to splat, rocks to 360 on, deep eddies for squirts, etc.

tom.

·
Registered
807 Posts
the wave I am sure you are referring to we call Skook (tonuge in cheek, ya know?) right below Satan's suckhole and it is most definitely not in right now. There is a little hydraulic there and that is all. The best play spot is a small hydraulic which is fairly powerful on river left between the shore and a large boulder right above double dip. Back in the day we used to park and play there at low water. Now...I go mountain biking and skateboarding instead...Otherwise Parkdale is probably the best low water run because you can run short sections easily and there are still deep eddys as Tom described.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
The run that tpalka mentions is exactly the run I am doing on Saturday.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kool & The Gang! Many thanks. I figured it was good at low water. We are running Saturday about 10:00 from Spikebuck.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
See ya there, we will be behind you then.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
One more thing, Spikebuck is very bony at this level. We always put in after it at this level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts