Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone with the handle ditch posted in the river access forum on this topic. He got the answer 2.5 feet which I think is a good answer, I have most of the books and 2.8 feet at the MF Lodge is the lowest that was mentioned. However I want to push it a little... We have a 9/1 MFS permit and plan to run to Heller, and adding a night on Marsh must be considered. I expect the guage at the lodge is going to read 1' or something. We'll be in duckys at this point in the expedition, which are our low water boat of choice. We've been on numerous wet-sand and no-water trips. My concern is that it may just be a pile of boulders describable as one 17 mile sieve and it's really just not possible. I'm hoping someone knows from experience. Book descriptions suggest it may be rough, lower gradient above the confluence with Bear Valley then steep and rocky leaving us stuck down there.

·
Super Moderator
2,866 Posts
it's not very pool drop that is for sure. Lots of steady gravelly pitches. Maybe on a 'normal' year - whatever the hell that is - if you are up for a torture fest but at the flow I am guessing it is hard for me to imagine anything other dragging your boats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts