Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - I know there have been so many questions about the Ark etc. - So here's one more. Sorry to repeat.

My husband is a newbie but very proficient. I'm an experienced kayaker, but recently moved to Colorado from Oregon. Although I did run a few sections of the Ark a few years ago, but couldn't tell you much about flow etc. Had a local to take me down the Numbers and Fractions.

We've been playing around on the lower Mish.

Anyway, we've been talking about heading over to the Ark to get in a few longer runs and some camping.

It's described as Low right now. Does that mean - Low - don't bother. Low - you'll hit some rocks but it's still fun? I know it's subjective, but go ahead and give me your thoughts.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
The Ark is still fine at these levels. Last weekend, we did Numbers and Fractions and had a great day (@700). Numbers is in more of the class III+ area now, not IV, and a great first time level. I've had fun down to 400 there.

Brown's is fine too, just a few more rocks in Zoom and the right line at Toilet Bowl is gone. (Did it once at 350 and probably too low.) I'll probably be there one day this weekend helping take two first-timers down.

I've done Parkdale and The Gorge in November and February at much lower levels (400 on The Gorge). Where they are now is still good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts