Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frenchy - Loving the new Gear Swap! Will you be doing this on Powderbuzz? That would be awesome!!! It's great being able to see the stuff that's for sale. Thanks for your hard work, you are the man!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sweet, I'm glad you like it!! I'm still feeling this one out, but all in all it seems to be working fairly well and have gotten several positive comments so far. Has anyone sold anything on it yet?

I would like to do a makeover on powderbuzz, and change the gear swap to this format, hopefully sooner than later... time will tell.

·
Registered
245 Posts
personally I'm one of those stick in the mud, don't change anything sorts, but I like the new format well enough. it does seem that all of a sudden more "stores" are selling off their inventory, but it's a gear swap so that;s not so bad.

my biggest suggestion would be to set the default view to most recent, not most views, if I see that pyranha m3 233 one more time... :wink: and as many per page as it will allow!

I like the list format of the old style, so you can quickly see it all and check what you want, but that's just cause I'm used to it!!

Thanks Frenchy for dragging the geezers kicking and screaming! :wink:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would have to agree, I like the most recent. It seems "most view" tends create a cycle. Just one opinion. :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
I like the new format a lot, especially the pics. I've gotten a few nibbles on my boats but no bites. Not exactly the best time of year to be selling a boat! If I could make one request, it would be nice if I could just look at "creek boats" or "paddles" instead of everything lumped into one big generic "WW Kayaks & Accessories". That's my $0.02 :D

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
I agree with Brian on that. Split up the boats by type as well as maybe a few different accessory categories if its not too dificult. Huge improvement though, thanks.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looking for suggestions

Thanks for the input, I'm glad it's working. No problem splitting the categories, what all categories do you think we should have?

Maybe split the WW Kayaks section into 3 different sub-categories: Creek Boats, Playboats, and Other Boats?

And maybe split the Accessories section into Paddles, and Other Accessories?

Looking for suggestions. Currently we have the following categories based on the kinds of items posted in the past:

For Sale or Trade

WW Kayaks & Accessories
Rafts & Accessories
Sea Kayaks & Surf
Skis & Snowboards
Road & Mountain Bikes
Trucks, Dirtbikes, Snowmobiles
Miscellaneous

Wanted

Post all Wanted ads here

Help Wanted

Post Help Wanted ads here

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think on the whole the gear swap kicks ass, it's just that ww kayaks and accessories has grown to 150 items and is a bit hard to navigate.

Personally I think "ww kayaks and accessories" should be broken down into:

Creek Boats
Play Boats
All-Around Boats
Accessories

Thanks Frenchy!

PS. How long will the ads stay up there? I remember initially selecting the add run 15 days, and that was on the first day it went live about a month ago. The add is still there. Do the ads stay there until we delete them?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Brian, thanks for that.

Ok, tweaked the "ww kayaks and accessories" section of the gear swap, and moved various ads into sub-categories. Hope i didn't screw up any ads, apologize in advance if i misplaced any ads.

I'll check up on the pruning feature in a moment, looks like a bug at first glance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts