Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a long shot. My buddy lost his red paco pad on Ruby Horsethief this weekend on Saturday. We went on a hike up to the ampitheater on Mee Corner and a strong wind squall rolled in. When we returned, his paco was gone, so it must've blown into the river. It's definitely the last time he'll leave a paco unsecured and without his name and phone # on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Bummer! I rarely use a tent and I was taught to never lay out my sleep kit to make sure I am the first 'critter' to get in. FWIW, I also always clip my paco pad to my dry bag to alleviate this situation.

I hope he gets it back!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know it's a long shot. My buddy lost his red paco pad on Ruby Horsethief this weekend on Saturday. We went on a hike up to the ampitheater on Mee Corner and a strong wind squall rolled in. When we returned, his paco was gone, so it must've blown into the river. It's definitely the last time he'll leave a paco unsecured and without his name and phone # on it. Thanks!
I got off Ruby on Sunday... the ranger asked if we were missing a paco pad. Guessing this is the one. Maybe call and see it if they have it at Westwater?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got off Ruby on Sunday... the ranger asked if we were missing a paco pad. Guessing this is the one. Maybe call and see it if they have it at Westwater?
Wow thank you! We took off Monday but the ranger wasn't there. I just told my buddy to call the ranger. Thank you thank you!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woohoo! The ranger is going to drop it off at my in-laws' house in GJ for my friend. Thank you, thank you!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rangers he spoke with said that he had lost a paco on a Grand Canyon trip that someone found and returned to him, so he is paying it forward and driving the paco to GJ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts