Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a Werner Sherpa paddle, straight shaft...has name, address, and phone number on it. I lost it about a mile after the chutes ( Made it through the chutes with no problem...well on the first run at least.) Name on it is Alex Somosky Jr., number is 719-337-8417. Lost it on a section of boogie water/wave trains. If you find it, you can email at [email protected] Also, i will be out of town untill August 3/4...if you do find it, please give my brother a call. His number is 719-447-7839, his name is Joe. Thanks!!!

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
I'm hitting it Sunday and will keep an eye out for it.

Scott

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hitting it Sunday and will keep an eye out for it.

Scott
Good lookin out Scott. Have a good run! And if possible, DO NOT swim the before the beginning of the second chute! The hole at the beginning of the second chute on river right re-circulated me for at least 5 minutes! I'm amazed that it let me out. Oh, also, while in the hole, it sucked off my right black "rafters shoe" and my black "NRS" wet sock/water sock bootie thing. The shoe was size 9, and the NRS sock was a size small.

·
Jefe Driver
83 Posts
You love riding in hydraulics like a mechanical bull. Stop trolling the forums and go enjoy your cruise! Milo and I may drive up and walk the river on Monday to look for your gear. If we find your bootie though Milo gets to keep it as a chew toy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You love riding in hydraulics like a mechanical bull. Stop trolling the forums and go enjoy your cruise! Milo and I may drive up and walk the river on Monday to look for your gear. If we find your bootie though Milo gets to keep it as a chew toy.
If you walk down the rocks to get close to the chutes ( Really Noticable, the first 2 go right into one another, and the 3rd is just below the big pool of calm water) be careful on the rocks, slippery and angled down towards the hole. I lost the paddle about a mile down from the chutes, had many rocks with quite a few able to see, I remember the river started to bend Left, and I thinkk it was just above the first designatred Parking area on the road.

We board the ship this afternoon

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have fun on the cruise. Just some additional info for those who venture out to the Chutes. The last time he saw the paddle was about 1/2 mile before the foot bridge. I paddled all the way down to the confluence after securing the boat and could not locate it. Odds are it got hung up before the foot bridge, so if anybody is in the area keep an eye out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have fun on the cruise. Just some additional info for those who venture out to the Chutes. The last time he saw the paddle was about 1/2 mile before the foot bridge. I paddled all the way down to the confluence after securing the boat and could not locate it. Odds are it got hung up before the foot bridge, so if anybody is in the area keep an eye out.
yo Brandon- I don't have your email, I'm out in Cali. Go to google video and search "arkansas river helemetcam" Pretty funny stuff!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts