Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost my Werner paddle on Bailey today, 7/6 about 10:30am. Red blades with blue Teva stickers on each one. Name and email on it. Call 303.362.3341 if found for reward.

Thanks,
Eben

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To narrow down its location, I lost it from a stupid swim by the down tree off the left bank about 5 min above Deer Creek. Could be in the log jam or hung up somewhere else.

Reward offered for retrieval.

Eben
3033six2threethree4uno

·
Registered
843 Posts
Figured that might get someone at a little higher flow. Did you swim under it?

Kent

To narrow down its location, I lost it from a stupid swim by the down tree off the left bank about 5 min above Deer Creek. Could be in the log jam or hung up somewhere else.

Reward offered for retrieval.

Eben
3033six2threethree4uno

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went right through, there isn't much on that log to get snagged on. I was actually still in my boat at that point though, according to my sources.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Glad your OK and thanks for the beta. That corner comes up pretty quick. I noticed it was starting to push a little harder into that strainer.

Kent

·
Registered
288 Posts
Eben smith I presume? Your paddle is at the deer creek rapid next to the scouting eddy. Pull over to scout and go up the bank a few yards. It is leaning against a tree.

You could more easily hike down the trail to crossons. Cross the bridge and turn upstream and you will be reunited with your paddle within a few hours round trip.

Syd

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
I saw it today.

It was laying in the brush at the DC eddy. I stood it up against the tree so it would be easier to see. There was mud all over the blades so it was hard to see and I only did cuz I almost stepped on it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
paddle is still at DC. we added a yellow throw bag, red sunglasses and a LL water bottle to the pile. let me know if you need help finding it or getting it out.

pass on the info about throw bag, ill check for other threads

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks gang, I am mounting a recovery mission in the morning. Super excited to get that paddle back, especially after passing up buying a new one at CKS this weekend during the sale/swap.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WTF? I spent 30 minutes walking around Deer Creek today and none of the gear mentioned nor my paddle were anywhere to be found. Seriously now...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Agree with Dave about the breakdown option. . . Still doesn't make sense you couldn't find it. Hopefully someone retrieved and will post on buzz. Sucks losing paddles. I've lost a few. . .

WTF? I spent 30 minutes walking around Deer Creek today and none of the gear mentioned nor my paddle were anywhere to be found. Seriously now...

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
eben, dc eddy behind big rock leaning against the tree. if it is still there thurs, i will bring it out of the canyon. i live in loveland co, so ill try to get it to mark in frisco, he can then get it to you. i will let you know.

bob

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
That's strange as hell. :confused:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bob,

I paddled in with 2 other guys and we all scoured the woods at the DC eddy, and walked both upstream and downstream. Never saw the paddle, throwbag, water bottle or sunglasses.

·
Everyone needs a vacation
50 Posts
I was with Eben yesterday and we looked hard for it... if we were blind and it is still there Thursday, leave it with the ranger at the take-out. That will be easier for Eben than Loveland or Frisco.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts