Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and rafting. Floated the lower blue last week and took the oars off to drag it up the hill to the take out point in the dark and forgot them.

Hope someone can help me get them back, after buying the raft a couple months ago I can't afford to replace right now

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bummer, but developing a habit when you launch/take-out will be key in the future, as I’m sure you’re realizing. The perfection is in the preparation and having a mental checklist with visual clues and confirmation is the proven method for not leaving gear behind.

Most of all, involve those you’re floating/traveling with in your process, so that everyone understands how things “go” every trip.

Avoiding taking items out of the boat and setting them aside at the end of the day is a best practice. Just my opinion after 34 years of recreational and professional river guiding.

Derek

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate the help guys. We looked saturday just a few days after we lost them and they were already gone. Definitely going to take that advice and leave everything on the raft in the future. We didn't position the oars properly and one was hanging off of the raft that couldn't get past a tree on the trail so we took both off to lighten the raft as we dragged it up the trail. That's where they were left. Luckily we like stillwater fishing a lot and have a trolling motor so we're not completely out of the game this season.

Thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts