Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sis lost a drone around the turtle fossil area.... about 76.4 i think?
any info would be welcome

thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nope. There's tools out there for utility and safety, and then there's stuff that just feeds the users sense of self-satisfaction at the expense of others. Deso, IMO, is one of the last places that drones should be. I like 'em, great tools under the right circumstances, just not in the wilderness or WSA.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
I would let the rangers know so on their inspection trips in a gas powered boat maybe they could send up a drone and look for your sister's.😏

Reactions: Andy H.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Do you have a cite to the deso regs? I looked around a bit but couldn't find anything besides the launch requirements (groover, spare, etc.)
What's really odd is I went looking for the Green River RMP thru Deso, and couldn't find it online.. That's where the specific verbiage would be located..

·
Registered
99 Posts
The poster said
Sure alot of butt hurt for a little flying toy. Was it dive bombing you and your camp ? No? Then lighten up Francis .
Everyone on there high horse being so virtuous. Shit gets old.

Funnily enough the original poster didn't even indicate if he was there with his sister, just that she lost a drone and asked for help. Instead got a lot of keyboard warrior responses...

Maybe it was a once in a lifetime trip and the drone simply went up to capture a bird's eye view of one day for their family on the river. Maybe it was someone's last trip and they wanted to capture it.

Or maybe she was a huge jerk flying it in people's faces, trying to get drone shots of people sitting on groovers, etc.

Hell maybe she wasn't even flying the damned thing there but it got left behind by accident.

I do want to meet the guy who can shoot a drone with a bb gun, because I'm a pretty good shot myself and that's beyond even my scope of imagination and I used to get paid to shoot flying things out of the air...

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Don't know about a bb gun, but a 12ga would do the trick 😂

1 - 20 of 51 Posts