Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my right orange croc on the san migel near telluride on the sawpit run if found please contact me travis wolf at (970) 739 3607 thank you much

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holy shit. Everyone stop boating right fucking now and help this guy find his ugly ass missing shoe. Wow.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I lost my right orange croc on the san migel near telluride on the sawpit run if found please contact me travis wolf at (970) 739 3607 thank you much
Are you fucking serious? This has to be a troll. Crocs are the ugliest stupidest footwear on the planet. You deserve to loose them for even buying them in the first place. You're lucky the river gods didn't drown your ass for venturing out on the water with such metro-phoney footwear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow i did not think that everybody was that stupid on this website the lost croc thing was a joke and you guys are stupid. maybe you should look at the positive side of life

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
To all you croc haters... HAVE YOU TRIED ON A PAIR. Don't get me wrong, they are not shoes to wear in your boat while running the gnar or scouting. But they are super comfortable and dry super fast. They are a perfect prerun and camping shoe. And at $30, if I lost 1 I could afford tyo buy anothet. I do write my name on all my gear, except my crocs. They float to boot. I love the open nature of this site, but some of you are just A$$holes.

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
wow i did not think that everybody was that stupid on this website the lost croc thing was a joke and you guys are stupid. maybe you should look at the positive side of life
I bet he's going on a nudist Grand Canyon trip as a hired cook/ flat water rower. Dont forget your whistle buddy!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Jerks?

Why is it that people can't just be nice on this forum anymore? I understand the jokes and I've really enjoyed some of the drama. Sometimes it is deserved and provides some good humor, but it seems like there are a lot of unprovoked attacks lately. This guy was actually making fun of other posts and he got attacked as if he were serious. Who are you to make fun of someone? It could have been serious and the guy just wanted his shoe back. What's that harm in that? Is it offensive to you that people aren't as "cool" as you? Well, I think you need to get over yourselve (s) and realize that maybe you need to build your self esteem in a healthier way than insulting others. It doesn't make you look "cool", it just shows how insecure you really are. It's rude and unnecessary. You should learn to treat your fellow boaters with a little more respect. We're a small community and it's us against them. Pick your side.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Point taken - we should all try to be nicer. In this case though, why would he take such offense to these replies, when he himself said it was just a joke? I could see how he'd be offended if he was serious, but come on, putting a missing shoe ($15 value) on a lost n' found forum is a bit much. If you came across a croc floating in a river, would you honestly grab it and make sure it was returned to its rightful owner? I think the most I might do is grab it and throw it away, so it wouldn't become litter, but I'm certainly not going out of my way to find its owner.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
To Croc or Not to Croc <A Psuedo-Serious Satire>

Alright, I have a confession to make. I like crocs. There we go, I said it. BUT my affinity to these strange rubber clown shoes is purely utilitarian, so bear with me:

CONS:

1. They look gay. Yes. This however is not an issue if you fall into one of two categories A) Perfectly secure with your masculinity OR B) You're gay.

2. Sometimes the rubber is slick.

PROS:

1. They float.

2. They come in bright colors that are easy to see floating down the river (unfortunately also the source of con #1, see above).

3. The flip up heelstrap makes them easy to slip on and off, easy to keep on your feet, and, unlike your ordinary flipflop, legal to drive in (also good for strapping into your boat).

4. The sole is thick enough that walking on jagged rocks does not hurt (unlike many booties).

5. The flexible sole allows you to curl your toes around rocks when climbing and scrambling in them, very handy.

6. They are cheap and easily replaceable.

7. Your "friends" won't steal them.

8. One size fits a wide range of foot sizes; perfect for when your dumbass buddy forgets his booties at home.

9. They are reportedly burnable and edible. Sounds like some good potential for expedition applications.

10. They don't shrink and become uncomfortable after getting wet.

11. They drain water.

12. Easily Reparable.

:D:D:D

P.S. If you wear a pair of neoprene socks or thin booties with your crocs, the following will happen: some water will get between your foot and booty, some water will get between the croc and booty and it's like walking on a slice of heaven.

·
Registered
99 Posts
3. The flip up heelstrap makes them easy to slip on and off, easy to keep on your feet, and, unlike your ordinary flipflop, legal to drive in (also good for strapping into your boat).

Are you for real? Driving with filpflops (slippas) is illegal in Colorado? Is that a national DOT law or state by state? I'd love to see them try and uphold that law in Hawaii. If so I guess I have been breaking the law for years......I love 'em

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Not 100% sure but I think it's national. Don't know if it's enforcable or not. If it ever has been it would have to have been as a secondary offense tacked onto something else more major.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
maybe he's a gardener.
Gardeners RULE! We know where our food comes from, what was used/not used to grow it, and it takes minimal oil to produce food as a gardener.

You must be a maggot boater! No respect for those that provide or feed. Sheesh.

Troll, or not? anybody call the number?

·
Registered
32 Posts
lots of over sensitive mofos on here.

In the imortal words of Seargent Hulka "Lighten up Francis" or in this case Travis

1 - 20 of 38 Posts