Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left an aquabound paddle at the BV whitewater park parking lot by the ball-fields on Friday evening, 7/17/2015. If anyone picked it up, you might have picked it up Saturday morning, 7/18/2015. The paddle has my name and phone number on it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
PSU96-- OK, so I left it there Friday (7/17) evening, went back to check for it Saturday morning. I asked the rangers who were setting up for the Browns Canyon NM ceremony if they had seen it. Indeed they had, and like nearly all rangers they were very conscientious and helpful and they picked it up and set it on one of the rocks by the restroom building to make it visible so its owner could find it and pick it up. :p Unfortunately, by the time I was there at 8:45am on Saturday (7/18) someone else had picked it up. :-( I thought for sure, I'd have a call since my name and phone number were on there, but nothing...

I did check at CKS for it, three times over the course of the weekend.So the good news, is that I got to rent a nice paddle from CKS for the weekend. The bad part about that is that I now understand the very different performance characteristics of a Werner Powerhouse and my loyal, trusty, but clunky plastic aquabound paddle. :rolleyes:

The better news will be when the person who picked up my paddle, which does have my name and phone number on it, gives me a call. In a would love to recover my paddle, since its got a few more seasons in it...and I'd rather spend my paddling $$ on some other things right now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts