Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether this can happen in time to head off another impending dilemma remains to be seen. To facilitate a longstanding plan to repair the Roberts Tunnel, Denver Water will stop the flow completely from November 2010 through March 2011.

From a story in the outdoor section on fish mortality and a big fish kill this year on private water below the tunnel. It will be intersting to see if they hit their time lines, or if they roll this into the boating season. I bet they hit their timelines on this one as the pressure from the metro area if they can't turn on the water during the summer would be dramatic

·
Registered
39 Posts
Best writer at the paper, Charlie Meyers story from Denver Post here:
Meyers: No easy solution for fish kill - The Denver Post

I agree Canada, very unlikely that Denver Water will dilly-dally and push tunnel tweaks into the Front Range's thirsty season. Those potential riparian repairs could create paddling opps above Bailey, which in turn would create more access issues considering those private fishing ranches below Grant prolly wouldn't take a shine to passing paddlers.
Will be interesting to watch.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Working on roberts tunnel in the winter of 2010-2011 won't impact the spring and summer water deliveries through Roberts tunnel, thus no impact on Bailey paddling season.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was thinking the same thing deepsouth. I guess as most projects go however, the likelihood of it taking longer than expected is probably pretty good perhaps? That was the only way I could see it impacting the paddling season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts