Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
BV sucks, sounds like you'd be better off in Eagle or Summit county (Vail, Silverthorne, Edwards, Frisco, etc.)

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Durango is probably the best bet, if you want to live in the mountains. Excellent creeking and DH, but the skiing options aren't all that great unless you want to drive to Silverton. But it's an awesome town.

If you want long seasons on all those options, I'd recommend the Front Range- like Golden. That'll give you access to the Poudre runs. Lots of choice during the runoff season. the DH options are good. Skiing is obviously a drive.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
If your from New York....I'd say Vail is the place to be......That's as close to the middle of it all as you can get. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
im looking to move to co..what is a promising area...V paddler...i ski knar and race DH mb.
Crested Butte; Aspen/Carbondale/Glenwood Spgs area; Durango; Steamboat. Also, if you don't have to be in CO then consider Toas NM.

·
Registered
193 Posts
im looking to move to co..what is a promising area...V paddler...i ski knar and race DH mb.
forget Colorado - there's already a surplus of gnar dudes & dudettes here crowding every rver, run, trail, & slope and the place can't handle the population growth that's occurred already, much less what's expected with all the gnar dueds planning to come here in the next 30 years. You need to go to Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, or somewhere that still needs gnar dudes.

What's funny is that me and most of the people responding to this post are directing you to someplace OTHER than where they live...

·
Likes it wet.
295 Posts
Your best bets in Colorado are probably Wray, Burlington, or Lamar. I can't believe nobody has mentioned these! Best of luck!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Actually your best bet for creeking is to stay in upstate New York cuz the season in CO is about 1 or 2 months at best.

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,257 Posts
If your from New York....I'd say Vail is the place to be......That's as close to the middle of it all as you can get. :)
Hurrumph!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
...What's funny is that me and most of the people responding to this post are directing you to someplace OTHER than where they live...
Except me :)

Golden is a great choice if you need a city job but still want to paddle and ski. It is on Clear Creek. Black Rock is the after work run (IV+/V-/V) It is right up against the foothills west of Denver. The Denver metro area is not a bad place to live for a creekboater/skiier, especially if you live on the west side.

A mountain town would be great if you are independently wealthy or if you are young and will take some shit job and are willing to live in a bunk bed made out of 2x4's in some dumpy 80's condo with some other dudes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Every town has it's pros and cons. Do you already have a job here? What do you do? I think that is important, unless you have some trust fund and don't work. In that case anywhere is great.

I like CB and Salida.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts