Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the water as it is I am trying to get my kids on the Middle Fork this June. I can go as early as June 15th or so and as late as June 20th.
I know, it's a narrow window, but I thought it would be worth a shot.

We usually go late August or September but not sure that can happen.

Two daughters 10 and 13, both have 5 or 6 Middle Fork trips so they know what is up. They are both very safety conscious and will look after other kids.

Me - former guide. Tons of experience and a great attitude. Low water is no problem and it won't be really low then but approaching it.

Happy to lead, follow or get out of the way. This one is for them. My wife can't make it this time.

Hit me up and thanks for the consideration.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Main Salmon permit, any interest?

Hey there,

I know that you are looking for a Middle Fork permit, but....

I'm a newbie with a main salmon permit from June 15th-June 20th. Any interest? I've been learning to paddle this year and have been on the GC this spring doing some 4-5 (Grand Canyon scale) rapids. After that I did the San Juan, virtually no rapids, but in my own boat. I'd love to consolidate the skills that I've gained and get on the river.

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there,

I know that you are looking for a Middle Fork permit, but....

I'm a newbie with a main salmon permit from June 15th-June 20th. Any interest? I've been learning to paddle this year and have been on the GC this spring doing some 4-5 (Grand Canyon scale) rapids. After that I did the San Juan, virtually no rapids, but in my own boat. I'd love to consolidate the skills that I've gained and get on the river.
newpaddle - thanks for your offer. I definitely want to do that one of these years with my kids before they aren't. Kids anymore that is. At this point we are doing a four day paddle from Salmon or a little bit below to Corn Creek. So we are starting on flat water so they can kayak and SUP a bit and ending up with a few big water class 3s. My wife has a big event on the 19th so we have to go after that. The Main should be awesome for you at that time. Not terrifying large but nice big waves in most rapids. Can be quite hot at that time. Bring shade....

carvedog, one of these years we need to hook up for a family float. I came up blank on everything Idaho this year and no luck on cancellations so far :( Hope you can find a spot this year!
Not sure if you want to come join us on our simple roadside Main Salmon run. Launching on the 24th or 25th and getting to Corn Creek take out on the 28th. My wife might not be able to join until Friday night for the weekend. It's not as remote, or wilderness as some but it should be fun.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
newpaddle - thanks for your offer. I definitely want to do that one of these years with my kids before they aren't. Kids anymore that is. At this point we are doing a four day paddle from Salmon or a little bit below to Corn Creek. So we are starting on flat water so they can kayak and SUP a bit and ending up with a few big water class 3s. My wife has a big event on the 19th so we have to go after that. The Main should be awesome for you at that time. Not terrifying large but nice big waves in most rapids. Can be quite hot at that time. Bring shade....

Not sure if you want to come join us on our simple roadside Main Salmon run. Launching on the 24th or 25th and getting to Corn Creek take out on the 28th. My wife might not be able to join until Friday night for the weekend. It's not as remote, or wilderness as some but it should be fun.
Yo C-Dog. We will be driving up June 27 to Corn Creek, and rigging boats on June 28. A big portion of our group will be coming off the MFS on the 28th. We launch June 29 on the Main Salmon. I'd love to finally meet up with you and say howdy. We will be camped at Corn Creek campground. Look for my red & black Sotar raft and a bunch of green Maravia rafts & cat. Red Toyota 4-Runner from Utah.

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yo C-Dog. We will be driving up June 27 to Corn Creek, and rigging boats on June 28. A big portion of our group will be coming off the MFS on the 28th. We launch June 29 on the Main Salmon. I'd love to finally meet up with you and say howdy. We will be camped at Corn Creek campground. Look for my red & black Sotar raft and a bunch of green Maravia rafts & cat. Red Toyota 4-Runner from Utah.
Very cool indeed. Glad you are getting on the river and we will get a chance to meet. See you at Corn Creek. Almost as good as SYOTR.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Very cool indeed. Glad you are getting on the river and we will get a chance to meet. See you at Corn Creek. Almost as good as SYOTR.
What type and color boats will you be in? I'll keep a lookout for you.

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What type and color boats will you be in? I'll keep a lookout for you.
Mine is an old Willi 2 in royal (faded) blue, Matt would be in an 18 foot red Maravia. Not sure what else would be on the trip. I think Eric would be in an older blue NRS. And kids. Lots of kids.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Mine is an old Willi 2 in royal (faded) blue, Matt would be in an 18 foot red Maravia. Not sure what else would be on the trip. I think Eric would be in an older blue NRS. And kids. Lots of kids.
The herd of kids should be easy to spot. Have fun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there,

Thanks for tagging me back. It's so fun to get kids on the river and it's great that your yours are playing hearty in the rapids. I have a 12 yr. old boy who will be with his dad on another permit. He's gone down the Main for 4 yrs. now and on the Middle once. I'm still try to suss out this system and I'm not presuming, but I couldn't tell if you were inviting me on your road Salmon adventure. No worries either way, just getting my feet wet on this site.

Best,
Newpaddle

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey there,

Thanks for tagging me back. It's so fun to get kids on the river and it's great that your yours are playing hearty in the rapids. I have a 12 yr. old boy who will be with his dad on another permit. He's gone down the Main for 4 yrs. now and on the Middle once. I'm still try to suss out this system and I'm not presuming, but I couldn't tell if you were inviting me on your road Salmon adventure. No worries either way, just getting my feet wet on this site.

Best,
Newpaddle
Directed toward Alex (kazak4x4) but I am open to other folks joining. I thought you had this other trip going or I would have been more pointed in asking you along. If I had a little more time and money right now I would go on the Main with you. We are keeping it simple and I want the kids to play in hardshell kayak and SUP on the flatwater.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts