Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a open white water canoe. I a pretty new to the sport so any information helps. :? Also any used boats would be great! :)

S

·
0 Posts
I don't open boat very much, but I would have to say the Blue Hole Sequal would be the best. I have seen this boat in action and it's pretty impressive. It tears up big water and shines on steep, tight, and technical.
At 11' it's pretty agile. You can get in touch with them at 540-832-7855.
I'm pretty shure they ship or you can go out to Va. and pick it up at the factory(a good excuse to go boat out east). I think it runs about 995$$.

Other than that the Whitesell Whirlwind would be my 2nd pick. Its pretty much the exact same design as the Sequal, but 1' longer and more $$$$.(it was designed by the same guy, the Whirlwind came first)
This is perhaps the toughest boat on the market. It comes aluminum rails and cross bars. I think they run about 1,200$$ or more. I don't know the number, but you can look them up in Bryson City, Nc. under Whitesell Canoe or Noland Whitesell himself.

hope this helps,
shagg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the information, i just found a steal on a used dagger, ovation! it shoiuld be a excellent first boat for what ever my needs are! thanks for the information
o[/url]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts