Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Westwater 10/5-10/7. Anyone around the Vail Valley kind enough to lend a Groover or other acceptable crapper device?? ;)

I assure you, it's only there to please the rangers....

Also, will the rangers accept a bottom half of a keg as an acceptable fire pan?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The reason you bring a groover is not to please the rangers but to please the next persons who use that campsite. You should buy your own,
they are required on all permit rivers and are a important piece of a rafters equip. No the rangers will not accept a keg bottom for a firepan you idiot. You need to buy one of these too because they are also required on all river to keep assholes like you from trashing the place and starting wildfires. You need to respect our rivers and the rangers that serve us. Listen to all the ranger tells you at the put in and maybe you will learn something.

·
fat guy in a little boat
409 Posts
call rimrock in fruita. pretty sure they rent groovers, and probly a fire pan too.
rangers at westwater won't let you go if you don't have the proper equipment. and use that groover. it sucks smelling a turd under every rock less than 20 pounds.
get a real fire pan and pack out them ashes. lots of other people go down there every year. try to be smart about you camp setup.
amen.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Anyone have any life jacket do-hickies I can borrow? I can assure that I won't use them-gotta please them rangers at the put in though...

Which legit camp are you going to shit all over?

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason you bring a groover is not to please the rangers but to please the next persons who use that campsite. You should buy your own,
they are required on all permit rivers and are a important piece of a rafters equip. No the rangers will not accept a keg bottom for a firepan you idiot. You need to buy one of these too because they are also required on all river to keep assholes like you from trashing the place and starting wildfires. You need to respect our rivers and the rangers that serve us. Listen to all the ranger tells you at the put in and maybe you will learn something.
Calm yourself buddy. I don't need lectures on not shitting all over Westwater campgrounds. Have no intentions to do so.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Really! What did you mean by it's only to please the rangers? It's people like you who shouldn't get a permit. Take a dump in your cooler to teach yourself a lesson, senor douche...should have figured-you own a gopro.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
My rangers are pretty impressed that we've figured out how to shit in a bucket!!!

A bunch of Wag bags, a 5 gallon pail, gamma lid. How cheap are you?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Drew Stern form Vail! Hope you find another sport soon. Preferably one with pooping facilities provided by some responsible party. Anybody know this guy?

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah, he's the guy who lives down the street from you.
every evening he walks his dog down to your yard to take a dump!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm not sure why people feel the need to act this rudely on the Buzz. The guy said he's not planning to crap all over the Westwater campsites. Maybe he's doing a day trip. Maybe he's got Wag Bags and a bucket like Avatard recommended. Who knows? But why do people have to assume the worst and start berating people they don't know? There's a guy here whose only post ever is calling a stranger an idiot and an asshole... uncool.

FYI, last week the rangers told me you could use Wag Bags and a leakproof container for the groover, and it needs to be sufficient for the size of your group.

·
Registered
280 Posts
you are right that being over the top with criticizing is rude, however...

"only there to please the rangers"

that's gonna' piss some people off. some are so tried of dealing with other people's 'shit' on a heavily used and beautiful place like westwater or any other place, for that matter.

a groover is an essential piece of river gear and definitely not a borrow item. a simple rocket box is pretty easy and cheap to obtain.

i agree that it seems like everyone who posts on this site has a target on their back but this is a hot button item with many.

i think it was an attempt to shame him into the right attitude.

i apologize if i have misread his intentions.

bob

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok I admit I could have been a little harsh in my first post but I was trying to get my point across. I am sorry if I offended anyone, but I have seen to many beautiful places destroyed by others who think the rules don't apply to them. Just my gut reaction.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If his comment of, 'I assure you, it's only there to please the rangers....' had not been there then this crapfest would not have started. He brought it on himself. When someone says this they mean they will not even be using it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Not to mention, why hasn't he offered a reasonable explanation for his "please the rangers" statement. Back in the day, we used to line the rocket boxes with plastic bags and toss them in the dumpster. Not good, knowing what I know now--but never, was it ok to dig a hole or otherwise, on ANY river trip.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Please the rangers? Isnt that why they invented fellatio?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice. Since there's no water let's freakin' crucify this guy. Yes.
Plenty of water in Westwater. It was running about 5800 yesterday. Last year, about this same time, it was 3500. So, I'm thankful for an extra two grand. I can wait for my permit to come up on the 21st; and yes, I have a great firepan and my own groover. Water, or not, I'm up for saving our diminishing, course comments for... Well, hell, let's just save them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts