Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is coming down from WY and we want to get wet on Saturday. Any suggestions on some class 3/4 stuff that is running? We are willing to travel a bit (I'm in Golden). Here are some of the ideas I had, what's your input:

Waterton Canyon
Shoshone - its short, do you think it would be worth lapping? Is there anything else near by?
Numbers on the Ark - I've heard that its runnable to pretty low water would 200+ be fun?
Royal Gorge - How's the ice?

We are really just looking to get out and get wet, so help a brother out with some beta...

Thanks
Tele

·
Registered
19 Posts
'Bout 30 miles west of Craig on hwy 40. Turn right at the tree. Yampa's been tankin w the chilly weather, but 16 hundo, which i saw on the gauge this a.m., is still plenty fun. Prob a good level for a first timer. Its def in CCR, or you could just harass the guys at Paddlinglife.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The Gorge is lookin' good. No ice to speak of. I would imagine with temps a little warmer this week it might get back over 400.

Cross Mtn. Gorge is in the CRC, Yampa drainage, IV+

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking for something to run this weekend

My friend just let me know he is coming in from Maryland and we would like to boat some Class III on Saturday and Sunday. I was hoping to do something less than Cross or the Gorge and would prefer Parkdale, Browns or Fractions if there is enough water up there. What about laps on Shoshone?

I'm in Boulder.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ran Parkdale yesterday. I think it was around 350, a little low but still good. Don't know about Browns or Fractions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah....I've run Parkdale down to 250cfs a long time ago and it was still fun. I think low water in Parkdale is a more pleasant day than low water in Fractions at higher elevations.

Wanna run it again on this Saturday?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My buddy and I will be running Pinnacle through the Gorge Saturday, I want to be on the river by 9:30 or 10 am. If anyone wants to coordinate to share a shuttle, shoot me a PM or call 303.931.8756

Lucas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts