Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to rafting and need some advise. I just purchased a 14' cataraft and I am now looking for a trailer. I am considering a M&M Raft Trailer. The trailer is 80"x11'. Their website states that this trailer will work for rafts that are up to 7'x16'. Does anyone have an opinion on this trailer? I do not really want to drop 2K on a trailer. I am currently searching craigslist.

What would be the minimum trailer size for my cataraft? Width is 6'.

Any recommendations for trailers?

Has anyone modified a trailer for a raft? If so are there any DIY instructions? I looked on the web and really didn't see anything.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Mike

RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
522 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mike from MS Trailers in Oregon makes a great raft trailer for an awesome price. Nothing fancy, but a solid trailer with a roller and winch. I can't remember what I payed a few years ago, but I think it was around $1300. I know several people with the same trailer and they are all happy with it. Here is the link: M.S. Metal Works Custom Trailers Homepage
Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here’s a picture of what I use. It’s an old military trailer modified with a rack, tie down d-rings and tailgate. Plenty of room for gear and I’ll stack boats 3 high. In the picture is a 14’. cat and a minimax. I bought the trailer for $300 16 years ago. New coat of paint every 3 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Where are you located? You asked about m&m trailers and i talked to them when i was looking as they are close to me.. the guy is a bit off and you will read that in several other threads.. I bought a raft trailer from a guy off craigslist that was building them in stevensville. Looking at craigslist it looks like he is in billings now.. here is a link to the add.. i had him add a winch and spare. I have had the trailer for 6 years now and its been great.. https://billings.craigslist.org/tro/d/raft-trailer-7-12-new/6831913240.html

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts