Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I recently moved to Denver. I haven't met any paddlers yet. I'm an easy going 27 year old female. I work a professional job but enjoy hanging out in the evenings and on weekends. I paddled class III-IV whitewater and love to playboat. Please email me if you are interested in hanging out sometime.

Many thanks,
Moriya
[email protected]
304-731-9747 :)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
When the season rolls around, post when you want to go out or respond to the posts of others and you will typically get some good responses. Things are a little dead right now with no water.

COUNT

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'll be looking for Denver paddling partners too; I've got an internship in town from mid-May through mid-August. I usually playboat to IV-, creek to Vish.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's another paddler (three actually - me, my wife, and our son) that just moved to the area from Arkansas. We're mainly into III - IV type stuff and playboating. Can't wait till we get some water!

·
Registered
334 Posts
New too

I just moved to Boulder a couple of months ago and need to meet paddlers as well. I suck at playboating, but like doing it anyway. I would like to do some class IV- to V- creekboating when stuff starts getting going. My girlfriend is into boating as well, but she sucks, she needs to get a ducky. When stuff starts flowing, give me a ring.

Clayton
541 490 5182.

·
Likes it wet.
295 Posts
I just moved to Boulder a couple of months ago and need to meet paddlers as well. I suck at playboating, but like doing it anyway. I would like to do some class IV- to V- creekboating when stuff starts getting going. My girlfriend is into boating as well, but she sucks, she needs to get a ducky. When stuff starts flowing, give me a ring.

Clayton
541 490 5182.
I know I'm not being useful for posting this... but Clayton have you ever thought that your girlfriend sucks because you haven't given her much attention boating wise on and off the river? You should cut her a break and help her out a little more... or find someone who can. I have never met one person who starts boating and sucks under the guidance of a good teacher, professional or other-wise.

Good luck... and don't give up on her. Fuck the Ducky... that truly isn't fun and you know it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I know I'm not being useful for posting this... but Clayton have you ever thought that your girlfriend sucks because you haven't given her much attention boating wise on and off the river? You should cut her a break and help her out a little more... or find someone who can. I have never met one person who starts boating and sucks under the guidance of a good teacher, professional or other-wise.

Good luck... and don't give up on her. Fuck the Ducky... that truly isn't fun and you know it.
You are right. You are not being usefull. First, I was kidding. Second, I think for some people, duckies are the way to go. I have seen some people stomp serious class V in duckies.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
im gonna hold you to that! :D

and clayton: yes, duckies are the way to go for some people. i have a destroyed left shoulder and cannot roll my 'yak on either side without it subluxin' on me, so in order to keep paddling, the IK is the only way I can go until i can afford to get fixed

·
White R. BC
321 Posts
Hi there. I recently moved to Denver. I haven't met any paddlers yet. I'm an easy going 27 year old female. I work a professional job but enjoy hanging out in the evenings and on weekends. I paddled class III-IV whitewater and love to playboat. Please email me if you are interested in hanging out sometime.

Many thanks,
Moriya
[email protected]
304-731-9747 :)
Hey GT et all, welcome to CO. Great place for outdoor rec. A good way to get into the boating community off season could be to go to pool sessions. Also, CW (Colorado Whitewater) is a good org to join in addition to front range clubs. CO kayaking is a site for II-III boaters where you can get some contacts too. Once the season gets going, and it won't be long now(!), just go to Salida or another play park and you will meet like minded boaters. Me and the better half boat a lot (I go out even this time of the year for flatwter workouts) but we live in the sw part of the state so pm if you get down here. We will have a long season! We will be up our way too. Have fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts