Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking someone to run a snout thru GC in Aug 2015. Must be willing to share expenses consistent with Park rules.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Booo the private motor rigs. You're in a beautiful canyon, row your own damned boat and don't spoil it everyone else in ear (or spilled gasoline) shot.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have no desire to enter a debate over the appropriateness of motors in GC at this time, nor do I think it is necessary for every thread with the word "motor" it in to be filled with the opinions of those who dislike them.

I hope the op can find a competent motor rig boatmen and they all enjoy their trip.

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Hey man, nothing will improve unless you start with having a discussion about it.
Hell yeah rivervibe! This is a great place to remind those motor boatin' SOBs that their noise, pollution, and wake are not loved by everyone!

There are some of us that firmly believe that the Grand Canyon should be a Wilderness without motorized travel . So we make some noise on the Internet - they make noise in paradise!

Rivervibe, if you ever want to PADDLE, I'd be glad to be in the company of a boater with such balanced priorities!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hell yeah rivervibe! This is a great place to remind those motor boatin' SOBs that their noise, pollution, and wake are not loved by everyone!

There are some of us that firmly believe that the Grand Canyon should be a Wilderness without motorized travel . So we make some noise on the Internet - they make noise in paradise!

Rivervibe, if you ever want to PADDLE, I'd be glad to be in the company of a boater with such balanced priorities!
Hey dumb shit. My motor rig is ADA compliant. Try that with your raft.

And a wake? Really? You're in whitewater you pussy.

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Hey dumb shit. My motor rig is ADA compliant. Try that with your raft.
If you're disabled then use the motor - no offense intended. If you're using your motor to get down the Grand in a week so you can get back to your Front Range gaper cubicle to show off your Chaco tan at the insurance company you work at, then this was directed at you too. Have a nice day!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Soooo.......what makes a motor rig ADA compliant? Wheel chair access such as ramps and hoists? Joy stick controls?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey friends,
Any of you non-motorized boating enthusiasts ever driven a motor rig in GC? High water Hermit runs, greasy lines through low water Hance? How about sending Aunt Mertle up Vishnu Creek for a little looksee? I like wilderness. I'm a kayaker. Shit ton of quite wilderness all over GCNP. You can find it too if you're willing to sweat a little. Motorboats are perhaps the most challenging craft you can experience down there, and it's really, really fun(for the boatman). There is a motorized season, and the OP has questions. Good luck to you all planing your next trip through paradise. My goals down there include seeing how many different crafts I can try. I like some better than others. Stinger XP and a Snout rig on a private trip are at the top of the list so far:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you're using your motor to get down the Grand in a week so you can get back to your Front Range gaper cubicle to show off your Chaco tan at the insurance company you work at, then this was directed at you too.
Well done. You've managed to be both a dick and a pussy, all in the same thread.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi, I'm mark wookie , 970.390.0137 I own a 22ft snout and 3 other cats 16fters and a 13 .5 cat i take my snout down westwater 8 times a year, cataract, mines a hyside 7 years old i,d love to talk to you about your trip, thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts