Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically, 6mm Hydrotek (BS 1088), preferably Meranti. Colorado front range or reasonable online. Need partial sheet for repairs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
If you need a full sheet, check your local lumberyard. While they won't have any in stock, it's likely their distributor will have it or can get it. Should be about $70.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I cant find any in the entire state, nobody stocks it, my local lumberyard related they could get it, but they would have to buy a minimum order of 50 sheets and they weren't willing to do that to sell me one sheet. Its widely available on the internet, but shipping will kill you

·
Registered
804 Posts
Have you tried Austin Hardwoods? They're my go-to for hard to find wood, though I haven't tried them for marine plywood.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
As a matter of fact I did, they list Luan/Meranti so I called them, its not Hydrotek according to them.. not sure if its comparable or not, but I didn't want to take a chance

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If Austin Hardwoods doesn't have what you need....probably no where else that will either. They definitely carry Marine ply (and MDO and some other hard to find stuff) but the sheet I got seemed pretty generic. Maybe try to do a Colorado Dory owners co-op buy or something and just get a whole stack? Worst case I bet Andy Hutchinson could sell you a sheet but you'd have to go get it. Probably better then having it shipped to you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front Range Lumber has 3 sheets of 5 ply meranti, but couldn't tell me if it is BS 1088. I want to get it done for a trip and it'll be wrapped in epoxy anyway, so I'll probably go with that. Thanks for everyone's input! Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts