Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam new to whitewater kayaking and was looking for some people in farminngton to kayak with and learn from or other new kayakers in Town.

·
Registered
153 Posts
We're relatively few in F-ton, but as long as you're in touch with Marcel, he's pretty good about texting out invites for park sessions and such. In the fall and spring semesters, most Thursdays at the Farmington aquatic center is a roll session 6:30-8. Great place to meet most of the local boaters/posers like myself. Feel free to message me here, too. -Tyler

·
Registered
201 Posts
I go surfing over lunch a few times a week. PM me if you want to go sometime. I don't claim to be a hair boater, but I am happy to try and help you get better if I can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am one of the few Farmington whitewater kayakers, and I agree with the other posts that the San Juan Collage Outdoor Program is worth checking, there are several whitewater kayakers working there and they also have a good supply of rental boats and equipment, rafts, canoes, inflatable kayaks, touring kayaks, and whitewater kayaks, etc.
In a "normal" year I'm out kayaking a couple of times a week and both days of the weekend, mostly Colorado rivers, a little less this year though.
I may go over to the whitewater park in Farmington this week after 5 pm if you are interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts