Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Russian
1,389 Posts
Hope the water lasts for you, I bailed on 6/8 launch (switched to Lodore).

Harding Hole has a great hike up to the top of plateau, then right below it across the river is a hike to the cave. Make sure you make the cave hike, really neato.

Other than that you have Echo park a hike to the Whispering Cave and Petroglyphs, Jones Hole has a hike to Butt plug falls.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info

Thanks! I am looking forward to it. I've done boney before; I just want to see a free flowing river. It's still 1600, so I think we will survive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I second the hike at Harding. I think you end up at a point called Wagon Wheel which is really beautiful. I also second the hike up to Signature Cave which is opposite shore of Wagon Wheel at Harding. You can walk up through the flats to a nice cave and see a bunch of signatures. I believe there is one there from Bus Hatch but could be wrong. If you take anything out of that cave, or take anything you picked up along the way, you're guaranteed to get hurt in Warm Springs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got off the Yampa yesterday. Was fine running at ~1600. I would think anything down to 1000 and your golden.
I did a good hike up sand canyon(last canyon on your left before the confluence) that was pretty cool. Got to scramble up 3 pitches to get into the canyon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts