Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launching June 9th, 2 boats-1 boatman with experience, never on the Green, and the other a novice. Looking to hire someone with guide experience to help make this a safe trip. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You won't need a guide on Deso if you have a boater with experience and a river map. Ask the ranger what to scout and you guys should be fine. When you say experience, what do you mean?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
A guide to run Deso? Whatever happened to adventure style river running? Even for an intermediate boater, this should be something to challenge oneself a little bit?

Pull over and scout when in doubt, wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A guide to run Deso? Whatever happened to adventure style river running? Even for an intermediate boater, this should be something to challenge oneself a little bit?

Pull over and scout when in doubt, wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
That's what I needed to hear. Took a Swiftwater rescue course this week and the instructors there were questioning me doing a trip there without anyone having done it before and having a novice boater.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You'll be fine. Also, hiring a guide makes you a not so private trip- not sure how much they care on deso, but generally speaking permitted rivers require cost sharing among the group, and noone can be making money.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You could invite someone to go who has experience. This is a good place for that. I mean not a guide just a fellow Buzzard.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts