Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to kayaking and am renting duckies from my base's outdoor rec office to get my current water fix. I'd like to buy a kayak but don't want to spend a fortune (got a family). What's a good ww kayak for a guy 6'1" and 200 lbs? Also, where's a good place to go to buy one? I live in Albuquerque. I'll be traveling through Durango this weekend on my way to Logan, UT for a week. Any good shops to stop at on this route?

·
Registered
501 Posts
go to 4 Corners river Sports in Durango

Go to 4 Corners river Sports in Durango. (www.riversports.com or 1-800-4-CORNERS). There are many great boats for you to consider. See what they have used or might sell from their demo fleet. Consider what they have for the money and decide with their advise. Certainly a Jackson Hero or Wave Sport Diesel are the two top recommendations for you, but there may be other good choices, too.
Cheers!

·
Definite maybe
726 Posts
its kinda out of the way but the cks gear swap is happening this weekend too...used gear and new gear...i got a nice paddle there last year pretty cheap...i also bought 2 pfds new because they where only $20 (i guess green wasn't very popular)im gonna be up in the area this weekend and will stop by...its worth the trip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Folks,

Thanks for all the input.
NoCo, I'd love to go to the cks swap but bv would add at least 5 or 6 hours to the trip. I'm looking at their website now. Lots of good stuff.
Ken V., I'll be stopping by the store on my way through.

Thanks,

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts