Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello community and thanks for the time. My name is Kenji and I currently live in Northern California but will soon be driving cross country and am hoping to get a chance to paddle some rivers in Colorado en route to the east coast. I will be passing through around 8/29-9/1.

What rivers and whereabouts should I concentrate if I only have a few days? I'm a solid Class IV boater with a handful of Class V experience. I've heard of Gore Canyon and would love to get on it if the flows are still good, and was wondering what else would be a fun option at this time of year.

Is anyone willing to show a visitor around some solid stretches the last weekend of August?? Maybe even a point in the right direction of where to find a crew to paddle with? Seeing as this may be my only chance in a while to boat the Colorado Rockies, I'm trying to seize the day.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Kenji

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Gore. Pine Creek/Numbers, lower Lake Creek Ark. Poudre Narrows. Bailey if it gets over 300...these are pretty much your options. Elevenmile is a 3/4 that has 5's bookending the canyon, running minimum now. Cheeseman is in, but solid 5 with 5+ scout/portages and guide mandatory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts