Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave-

Wondering if you still have any of that roll of vinyl-mastic (or whatever it's called) to patch a crack in my boat. Let me know if you have any extra laying around. Looking forward to creekin' it up with you guys again this year!

Give me a shout

Frank

·
Registered
834 Posts
What is vinyl-mastic? I have a 6" crack in the bottom of my H2. I was going to get rid of it, but mabye I could save it for bony Bear Creek if I could rig something up.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
This stuff is super bomber. I have an old micro that has been taped up for spring abuse. It has held up fine. I might head dsown to Bear this afternoon. I'll bring some. Be sure to drill a small hole at each end of the crack or it will continue to grow.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Dave, I think I saw you in the parking lot at the park in Morrison a week or so ago, the day I cracked my boat. Someone else had a cracked boat and you pulled out a small sheet of some stuff that looked like a roof patch sticker. Maybe that was you?

I'm in a crappy green Chevy Berretta. I have an extra bar of paddle wax because I bought a new one and then found my old one. I'll trade you...if I can make it to Bear Creek tonight.

If I don't see you...how would I find that stuff in a store? Is is generally available? Or do you work for an aerospace company and you stole some spare parts off of the orbiter? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Wasn't me, I haven't been out yet this year. I've only seen it for sale in large rolls. I'd be happy to stick it under your wiper blade if i make it and see your car. Ill be in a gold dodge crew cab with a large rack. I'll leave some under my wioer if I don't see you (and I remember).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts