Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ran it about 5 years ago, my first year paddling--swam near the top actually. The top was fun, very creeky and narrow. the 2nd half sucked because we didn't have enough water --about 1/4 inch in spots and we had to get out and walk the boats a few times. I think it would be fun with a some water. III-IV probably. post if you run it, I'd like to hear about it. flow? CRC would have the beta for that
JT 8)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey thorndog.....what are you doing on Monday? I am thinking of making a run down South Boulder Creek 1st thing in the moring if I can get some time. Interested? Jay?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I ran it several times about 2 weeks ago. The Ideal level is when the Plateau gauge is around 800-1000. There are several barely visible barb wire fences, and some riverwide logs that you need to be on the lookout for. Other than that, its a great continous IV creek.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Paul, is this Hemming? Charlie Ebel and I are planning to hit Buzzard tomorrow afternoon, sometime around 3-4 p.m. if you want to tag along. Tom Chamberlain ran it the other day and said it was a total kick in the pants, fast water class IV, maybe a little + at this level. Some wood and the fences mentioned above.
I'm heading to Charlie's in Eagle around 1 p.m. and then over to the Mesa. Heading down to Durango for the weekend and might try to hop on the Upper A on Sunday/Monday, or most anything else around worth doing if you're into it. Give me a shout on cell: 970.390.3676

1 - 5 of 5 Posts