Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are looking to run some sections of the Poudre, as the flows have decreased. We R2 paddle a little 9' ft boat and our skill level would intermediate, III+, at most.
Could anyone recommended any sections that would be a good ride down? I know the filter plant section is a good intermediate, but what about sections upstream?
We are thinking of this weekend (7/19,20). If anyone would like to join up let me know. We are responsible people, just looking for a fun time. PM or call six one 5 five 0 four 6 three five 0

Thank you!
Jared

·
Banned
678 Posts
Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are looking to run some sections of the Poudre, as the flows have decreased. We R2 paddle a little 9' ft boat and our skill level would intermediate, III+, at most.
Could anyone recommended any sections that would be a good ride down? I know the filter plant section is a good intermediate, but what about sections upstream?
We are thinking of this weekend (7/19,20). If anyone would like to join up let me know. We are responsible people, just looking for a fun time. PM or call six one 5 five 0 four 6 three five 0

Thank you!
Jared
Filter plant is a beginner run. I would say at/under 3' it's all 3+ from stevens down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes in a kayak its class three, but in a raft the fun (carnage) begins below 3 feet when the tooth starts coming out. The tooth flips more rafts than the hole ever does. And that dreaded rock flips with style. Unless a person likes flipping a large floating undercut near some manky rock, class stays at class 4 to me. Back paddle is your friend when maneuvering around that bad boy. r2 ing should be easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts