Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come out to CO every year to paddle and have seen some sweet racks on trucks. I was wandering if there is someone out there that does those custom jobs or where to get a nice rack. I need a rack for a pick up without a cap. Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Many of them are from a company in denver called Remuda. I hear Hobie makes some nice ones, but have not seen any myself.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I have a Ramuda- he can add just about any option you would want, and does a pretty good job. I had him add walk rails along the side, a removable crossbar over the cab, and 5" yakima bars (I had extra bars I wasn't using) flared from the top rails so that I could attach bike racks and / or paddle mounts. with the extras, I spent a little over $600, and he had it ready in about 4 days.

·
Renaissance *******
1,311 Posts
I had mine made by Andy at Hermosa Iron Works in Durango
It's sweet but it werent cheap

·
Registered
138 Posts
custom truck racks

Remuda Racks and Mfg - Denver Colorado 303-308-0722

I have a customized Remuda that might fit your needs. Built for a longbed Chevy. My rack can carry at least 12+ kayaks or two fully inflated rafts plus kayaks. It is long, well-built, has several hand holds for climbing and walking rails on either side and more.
If you are interested email me.
Otherwise good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts