Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a trailer for a 16' raft.
Does anyone know a good resource to find quality used trailers?
Im also looking for a fire pan.

Does anyone EVER get rid of a fire pan???????

·
Registered
13 Posts
You dont see a lot of ads for used firepans. Buy a Snowmobile trailer, sled season is over. As for the boat, find an old Udisco, but I recommend you pick up a quality barrel Pump:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have 2 trailers for sale!!

I have 2 trailers for sale! Both are in great shape! I'm in Westminster can show just about anytime!

·
Was here
162 Posts
We've used a metal garbage can lid as a firepan for years...

BLM on the Rogue allows them, but not sure about other rivers. Some weeks (during fire season) you aren't allowed to have a fire anyway, but if you need one, the garbage can lid is good to go!

Hope this helps.

+1 on the snowmobile trailer, that's what I use.

Kilroy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 18' v nose flat bed trailer for sale. It has a roller on the back and a winch on the front. Perfect setup for a raft, I can load and unload my boat on it by myself.
I can e-mail pictures if you are interested.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We've used a metal garbage can lid as a firepan for years...

BLM on the Rogue allows them, but not sure about other rivers. Some weeks (during fire season) you aren't allowed to have a fire anyway, but if you need one, the garbage can lid is good to go!
Just make sure the lip size in big enough - many rivers require a 3" lip. Metal oil pans meet this requirement (can get one at Napa). That said, many rivers now require raised fire pans which pretty much means you have to buy something designed for fire - many good but expensive options out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are some pics. it doesn't have the roller on it in these. It bolts onto the back and spans the width of the trailer. The deck is rhino lined marine grade 3/4" plywood, led lighting, dual 3500 lb axles, and a zinc impregnated steel frame (resists rust and corrosion). Very sturdy, reliable trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Here is a less expensive 'fire pan' option....

Bayou Classic "Fold & Go" Portable Charcoal Grill - 500-410

I found one of these at Home Depot on sale for under $20. I added two small strips of metal flashing to block off the air holes you can see on the sides. Now it meets the BLM and NPS requirements for a fire pan!

It's deffinetly not as robust or as large as the stainless steel fire pans I see at River Shops. The metal is rather thin and I expect it not to last more than a few seasons. But it is very light and folds down small and comes with a nylon carring case.

It makes a good 'backup firepan' for trips that require that you carry a fire pan even during a state wide fire ban. A good size for a 12" D.O. and enough grill space to cook up 8 burgers at a time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also have a trailer for sale. It's a 7x12, great shape, with rollers, winch, spare tire, green carpeted deck. I am going to post it up on gear swap in the next few days -- but shoot me a PM now if it sounds interesting. Thanks,

tom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts