Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am visiting Boulder this weekend and have a free day on Sunday. After checking things out a bit, it seems that the Waterton Canyon run is probably the best (maybe the only) bet for water right now. Golden is a second choice, I guess.

So, I'm posting here to see if that's the case and also to see if anybody is up for taking an out of towner down the river.

I am a pretty solid class III boater with a dependable river roll. I'm from Ohio (member of the keelhaulers) and paddle the Lower Yough and other western PA rivers, so I'm used to bony runs! I did the middle fork of the salmon in June this year. No ego, and I'm certainly no hotshot. Just want to run the river and and stop to play now and again.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tim:

One other idea is to run Foxton just upstream from Waterton. Class III creek without the mile walk out.

I may be able to join you on Sunday. Call if you're still interested in Sunday (720-339-1639).

--Doug

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doug,

Either sounds good to me. Looks like the rain has brought levels up pretty much all around. :D With luck they will hold thru the weekend.

I will give you a call later today about Sunday.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone up for doing a waterton run after work today? probably a little late. Will probably have to leave in the next couple of hours.

Zach
303-588-7199

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone interested in Foxton this afternoon after work? It is running at 277 cfs which is low but still doable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For Foxton I use the Pine gauge at http://waterdata.usgs.gov/co/nwis/uv/?site_no=06706400&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060 It is the closest gauge to the Foxton fun. Usually this gauge show a higher reading that the ones at Grant and Bailey, which I would guess is due to feeder creeks adding more water between Bailey and Pine.

If I remember correctly, I did the Foxton run a couple times during the drought year when the Pine gauge was at 250 or so and it was still fun.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I'm goin!

I'm heading up there with a buddy at about 4:30 from Denver. We'll be in either a silver Tacoma or a white Tundra. It was a good run last Sunday and flow looks a bit up! See ya there!
Peace-
-Dan :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you doing Foxton or Waterton? If Foxton, I can leave at 4:30 (from Littleton) and meet where Foxton road meets the river.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in for the Waterton run Saturday and Sunday

If you guys are still going, I would like to go. Sat. and Sunday both work for me and I'm up for Foxton as well. Took some newbies down Deckers a few weeks ago when it was at 400 and need to run back up there and look for a paddle that is probably pinned in the Chutes.

Thanks,
Joan
303-910-0465.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts