Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Have not heard anything, but with unemployment at a 15 year high in the area I wouldn't risk leaving anything in the vehicle you want to see when you get back. Word is this stretch has been very busy, which may be the reason for no break ins as of yet.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
224 Posts
You could pay some one to run all or part of your shuttle, and leave all the cars at Westwater put in or take out. Shuttle is only an hour or so, so you could move all but one of your cars yourself and pay for the last one from Loma.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Matt if you need you can park at our house and we could give you a ride to the launch. We’re about 30 min from Loma and Teri’s home most of the day. I haven’t heard anything about any break ins but if you’re concerned about it.

On a side note, we had a cooler stolen from us at the 24rd boat launch as we were bringing up the gear, lots of people coming and going. There wasn’t even any beer in the cooler.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long story... Short version is we are going all the way through cat and we have some friends that are meeting us in moab and will be shuttling our rig that far and then pay to have it shuttled the rest of the way.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd park and launch from Rimrock - they are good people. You can launch from the state park in Fruita (on the north side of the river), but you can't leave your car there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
We've always been able to leave vehicles at rimrock, as long as you utilize some service or rental. That was as of Oct last year- maybe it has changed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts