Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOG Clinics

Stop by the Confluence Kayaks or Jackson Kayak Booths to find out more. Free to the public.

10:00 am – 12:00 pm Basic Playboat/Freestyle Clinic (Roll Please)
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Intro to Kayaking (Anyone)
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Basic River Running Clinic (Roll a + it's cold h2o)

Thanks

·
Registered
966 Posts
I was interested in a creek boat clinic too. I don't remember it being free, but that would be great! Any info is appreciated.

Also....
Is Jackson offering any creek boat demos this weekend? That would be SWEET!

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Don, are these clinics happening all three days? No dates were listed.

And is there a creek clinic? There always has been, though it has not been free.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Just giving this a bumb, as I am curious about creek clinics, schedule, possible demos available, etc...

·
Registered
43 Posts
At this point there does not look to be enough water in the Lyons area to safely hold a creeking clinic. Last years was awesome, with Ben Stookesberry and Chris Korbulic taking us down the Proving Grounds. This year there is enough, barely, to hold the creek race in the Narrows section of the SSV, but not to hold a clinic. Pray for a bigger yeasr next year, and bring all your beginner friends out this year.

·
Registered
966 Posts
At this point there does not look to be enough water in the Lyons area to safely hold a creeking clinic. Last years was awesome, with Ben Stookesberry and Chris Korbulic taking us down the Proving Grounds. This year there is enough, barely, to hold the creek race in the Narrows section of the SSV, but not to hold a clinic. Pray for a bigger yeasr next year, and bring all your beginner friends out this year.
Rats. I figured as much, but was hoping...
Still psyched to come out and play though. It's always a great a weekend! Looking forward to it!

Also, I have some friends that want start kayaking, but they have very little equipment and I only have bits and pieces to offer them. I have suggested that they utilize Golden River Sports and Confluence for possible rental gear and for boat demos, but wonder if there will be any demo boats at LOG.
Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Confluence will be hosting some clinics during the Outdoor games and will probably have some demo boats as well. The water level is a great time for beginners to get started this year.See you there!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On this note, The A-hole bumped today and was pretty fun. Not sure of the flow 200???? There was air play.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I actually heard that they are releasing 295. I heard this second hand but if true thern Shellys is G2G and Proving Grounds is G2G
Scott Shipley fixed the )-hole today and it is sweet.
Many reasons to come to town.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts