Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it lately? Is the sand bar there? Can you drive on it with 4wd and a trailer? Or is it get ready to lug all your gear across the sand bar by hand? If you have seen it recently, give us a report! Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I launched 9/8 and it is as theususalsuspect said. Flows are high for the time of year (thank god I didn't have to portage anything!! 🤣).

·
Registered
658 Posts
Saw a guy in a bad ass land cruiser and trailer with good tires and lockers dam near get stuck. We had to help push him out. This was on August 19-20 this year. What a great public service a scout troop/ church group could do here. Ten burly dudes/dudettes could shovel that ramp off in less than day as it’s all loose sand.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Saw a guy in a bad ass land cruiser and trailer with good tires and lockers dam near get stuck. We had to help push him out. This was on August 19-20 this year. What a great public service a scout troop/ church group could do here. Ten burly dudes/dudettes could shovel that ramp off in less than day as it’s all loose sand.
I aired down my Xterra tires to 20 pounds a few months ago and it was fine going back up. 35 PSI might have been sketchy going back up.

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you can dig all four tires ( ie some kind of lockers). You will eventually find the concrete ramp under all that sand. Close to the water I’d wager the sand is well over a foot deep. Sounds like a keg party to me. You have to bring a shovel and work your ass off but lots of beer and that warm fuzzy feeling of doing a needed service. If lived closer I would be into it but it’s a full day from me each way.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ram 1500 4WD with new ATPs and a single axle trailer with 14" rims - backed down, through the channel, up the sand bar, and dropped 2 boats off the back. Drove out no problem. 2WD Ram, on the other hand, took about 15 tries to get out. This was 8/14.

Oh wait, it’s Utah and a kegger probably wouldn’t fly. My bad.
Lodore put in is Colorado. Burn 'em down while you're at it.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Technically the put in is in Colorado but its damn close to Utah.

I've definitely been on that ramp with a minor party going on and the rangers came down and wagged their finger and passive aggresively implied they might call an LEO Ranger to come give BWI's out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts