Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Lodore Application online is for 2009. Anybody had a problem with last year's applications being rejected? I have tried to get the river office on the phone with no luck.

I'd hate to have my application rejected for a stupid reason.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you bookmarked the site from last year, they have re-vamped the web site and put this years info on a different page without removing last years stuff.
If you go in through the current Dino home page, you'll find the permit app as easily as you can find anything on the NPS web pages.

·
Beginner
2,468 Posts
I'm not sure about the application, but when you show up be careful. They will cancel your trip and fine you for any of the following infractions:

Having fun
Wanting to have fun
Looking like you might want to have fun
Having a river board
Having a beard
Uneven creases in uniform
Poorly packed throwbag
Smiling
Dancing
Having a bigger **** than the ranger

The last one will get you. Make sure your TL is a lady. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Seriously. Last time I put in, I was TL and the rangers were VERY into the new "Don't drink and boat" stuff. They confiscated a handle of whiskey (still half full!) because it was an "open container" on a boat that was tied up at the put in...

Still one of my fave boating destinations though.

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
Just wondering: Is that the put-in park you're talking about or the whole run?

I love Ladore and will be putting in permits for it this year. If anyone has a trip, my wife is a chef and we'll do all the cooking for passage for her on a raft (and me in a yak or on a raft)!

·
Registered
71 Posts
We saw a ranger at the put, but had no problems. Then we had an "incident" with the ranger at echo park. He tailed our boat from that point on and we had another "incident" with the ranger at jones hole. He made contact with us at least twice a day. It put a damper on our wilderness experiance.

·
Beginner
2,468 Posts
I've gotten into it here on the 'buzz with Ranger Dave. I think I called him a feminine hygiene product, some sort of bag, I can't quite remember. It was after he ticketed someone for floating in and he admitted that there was bad information out there about the regulations.

When I ran the whole Green we basically skipped the ranger station because I didn't want him to inspect my hydroskin. I'm glad we did. He sent me a PM on here telling me he's sorry he missed me that he was looking forward to inspecting my trip. He was basically letting me know that he had planned to harrass me based on a disagreement we had on the 'buzz. Really professional.

It would be sweet if everyone here would write a letter to the National Park Service about their experience boating and their experience with the Lodore "law enforcement" staff. As for me, I can't wait to run Lodore again, but you can bet I won't be TL!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep, that sounds like Ranger Dave Small cock. Gots me a big important job working for the feds, and I'm gunna ticket folks who float in on a Monday in October. The entire Dino system is shit. I love the application fee being $15 while the 4 rivers system is $6. I think one day I'll drive back to the put in and dump my groover on the ranger station.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've never had any encounters w/ rangers on Lodore,or Yampa. Which is odd cause trouble always seems to find me.

I've only seen a ranger 2out of the 4 times.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI: I usually use the link through the river management society page to find permits. The link for Lodore leads only to th 2009 permit info tat is all still up. It was very difficult to find the 2010 info if you use that gateway.

Thanks for the link.

Heliodorus04: does your wife need a boat to ride in? I'm a pretty good cook, but inviting you guys seems like a pretty good idea.

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
Heliodorus04: does your wife need a boat to ride in? I'm a pretty good cook, but inviting you guys seems like a pretty good idea.
Yeah, no raft in the Helio family (so that would mean I have to barter for space, but I work hard in camps)

·
Registered
501 Posts
"He sent me a PM on here telling me he's sorry he missed me that he was looking forward to inspecting my trip. He was basically letting me know that he had planned to harrass me based on a disagreement we had on the 'buzz."

Someone ought to let him know about that there First Amendment, and Bivens v. Six Unknown Narcotics Agents, 403 U.S. 388 (1971), which says he can be sued personally for violating constitutional rights which would include retaliation for exercising protected speech.

After this post, I wonder if my Dino application will get lost.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think part of the key to Ladore is having all your crap together before you get to the put in. Just expect that it is going to be regimented, keep your opinions to yourself, try to be accommodating and go through their paces and then shove off and be yourself. No sense trying to set a bad tone before you have even left the put-in. Once your off you can make as much fun off his video gaming lard ass as you want. Its also likely that if you have your alcohol packed/hidden away before hand you are going to set a better tone. This is a special trip and I would rather they are on the strict side than lax because otherwise things will start to slip.

My guess is a Ranger goes out each day a private does, so expect them to visit your camp at least once. They visited ours and they check every camp site as they go, so we spent the first day leap frogging but, did not see another Ranger or party after that.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I must be really lucky,i've done Lodore 4x now and i've only seen a ranger at the put-in once. He was a nice enough guy. I've never seen one on the river. But,i did see one at the take-out once too. He didn't really say much to us though...

And just in case any of you cockney rangers are watching....and/or doing the drawings...my name is Stuart P and i'm your biggest fan:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Last year it was 2/25.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts