Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the odds of the rangers approving an extra day request on a mid-June Lodore trip? Is it 50/50? Or not likely? Just curious and trying to plan.

I've always done low season trips in the Fall when the extra day seems more guaranteed if you request.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still haven't heard anything from rangers on this yet. Isn't it supposed to be 30 days out from launch? I sent them an email this morning. Also, anyone heard anything about spring release dates out of flaming gorge?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got my play permit yesterday for a 6/2 Gates launch to float in yesterday after a couple weeks... The ranger was extremely apologetic for the delay in returning correspondence on it. I think they are getting slammed as the season kicks off... Mtn BUZZ members thank you for the heads up on the play permit and how to go about obtaining it!

As of last weekend we still hadn't heard on our extra day either for the 2nd leg of the trip... we set shuttle up a day earlier than wanted just in case it doesn't come through. Fingers crossed our crew gets the extra day granted, but I suspect this is a similar delay as the play permit.

I've always thought highly of the Rangers at Lodore from my previous experiences, and would imagine they are getting killed with their work/labor force ratio like most industries unfortunately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am still looking for a shuttle for Gates. Can I ask who you are doing your shuttle?
I haven't booked my shuttle yet. River Runners Transport in Vernal is who I've used in the past, and they've always been great. That is who I would recommend. They might be the only permitted transportation outfit in Dinosaur, but I'm not totally sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your input. I have tried to call and left a handful of voice messages and have not heard back from River Runner Transport. My buddy thinks maybe the company has retired or is just so busy that they will get back to me at some point. The only issue is that I have been trying since February.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Make sure you have the right River Runners. I think there's more than one.

Reactions: RaftNC82

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have had some issues getting in contact with River Runner's Transport in Vernal but eventually got ahold of them. I think Ripper is right on them being the only shuttle service available.

Shuttle Service
This company is authorized to provide transportation services within the monument. You can also enquire about moving a personal vehicle from one location to another. Paying for shuttle services outside this shuttle company is prohibited.

River Runners
(800) 930-7238 or (435) 789-4919
www.riverrunnerstransport.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts