Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to the Lochsa for the weekend. Any one else going to be there? Hit me up if you want to join.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, sounds like we have a small crew forming. Room for more, good level to get a taste of the rio.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So we have a crew headed over from MT. We were hoping to run the dirty 30 Saturday. What's a good rule of thumb cutoff to run the upper section? Is there a particular rapid (like castle) to look at and make that determination? Thanks, Jim

Sent from my cat while running the Upper Lochsa

·
Registered
72 Posts
We will be around. I've run it 6 or 8 times over the last 5 yrs (and a number of vary hazy times in the mid-90's) but it has always been between 10 - 20,000cfs so I really don't know what a good lower limit is. It sounds like 5,000cfs works fine

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Dirty 30 is a LOOOONG day below 4' (8k), we did a couple of uppers and just took out at 9mile this past weekend. Have fun, I will be on a different river!

I have no idea what a high flow cutoff would be for the upper. We ran a D30 last year on the peak day over 21,000. It was burly but a hoot! I'd go higher.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Fyi there is a volunteer cleanup/prep weekend at Wilderness gateway april 11 and 12. Let me know if you would like to join.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going to be out of town that weekend lhowmt.

We will be in an RV, no welding truck. Hoping to get a run in tomorrow

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dirty 30 (White Pine - Knife Edge) was 6 hrs at 5-6k flow with very little pushing in cats

1 - 11 of 11 Posts