Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I apologize for the spam but I know the whitewater community could help. A small ski club called the Sunlight Winter Sports Club (in Glenwood Springs, CO) is in a contest to win $25,000.00. We need to have the most votes in a video contest that is tied to the 2015 Skiing World Cup World Championships. If the club gets the most votes by February 14th it wins. The link is: http://woobox.com/j4q543
Please vote for the Sunlight Winter Sports Club.
If you are wondering if this is worth your effort let me tell you a little about the ski club. We have over 100 kids each year participate in 2 programs. One is a competitive age class race program where kids compete all over Colorado. The other part is called Buddy Werner. BW consists of 8 weekends where kids ski with a volunteer coach and learn the basics of slalom and GS racing. In reality it is as much of sticking a pole in the ground and having them turn around it as it is a specific race program. Each year the kids who are involved progress at t very fast rate. Most of them do not go on to ski race competitively but they do learn a great ski foundation. The club has 2 paid people and about 30 volunteers. Any money that is won will be used on equipment to ensure a great experience for these kids for years to come. Your vote helps.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and to vote. And, come ski Sunlight on powder day. It really is a fun area.

·
Registered
51 Posts
C’mon folks show some support for Sunlight Winter Sports Club, now I am not at all affiliated with SWSC but I was involved in a similar program in southern CO, Wolf Creek to specific, and while I never made it to racing on the World Cup circuit it did provide a great foundation for my involvement in skiing that continue to be strong some 50 years later, so vote to help the kids of SWSC also don’t forget to watch the video is pretty good as well. It would be great if they won the Grand Prize!....

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I didn't sign in and I think it took my votes (one yesterday and one today...)? Just hit skip and then click on the vote button for the sunlight video.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts