Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a September 7 MFS permit and am looking for several people that 1) Have Low Water MFS experience since I have none; 2) Have a raft; and 3) Might fit well with a group of adults, not too serious, not heavy partiers, enjoy good conversation, laughing, good food, (and to be honest) good beer.

Optimally I'd like to have 4 rafts and maybe a couple IK's or kayaks. We have two rafts at the moment. While I'm not enthused about doing the top 25 miles backpack style, if thats what is required to keep it from becoming "an Epic" so be it. We will definitly need to fly in some gear to Indian Creek so being financially solvent is probably a pre-requisite also.

PS: Plan B in case the MFS drops too low is to join a Main trip launching September 6.

Please send me a private message instead of replying publically in the forum.

Thank You

John

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
It seems a little early to make a decision to fly gear in. There is a lot of snow up high which is what feeds the MF late in the year.

Depends on your personal pain threshold I guess but I do it all the time in September in far worse years than this and although we have it certainly isn't mandatory to fly gear in then. And it definitely won't be too low to go.

It's only epic when you wrap.....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
OH yes absolutaly you will need to fly in. Salmon air is the only way to go. The good news is that you'll be doing a later season float. So, don't forget per arrange your shuttle well in advance. Don't forget to tip you shuttle driver a little extra as you will be floating out of the regular shuttle season. Also, I'd go with one of the many catering outfits here in Idaho for your food. You right in the backbacker style up high. One party almost starved to death later doing a low water MFS. Let everyone other know how horrible the upper MFS and don't buy into carvedog sucker you into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts