Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off my old Remix cracked, and I got a new one. I do think it is different that my old one, but whatever. I usually put knee blocks in my river runners after my knee slipped above Bouncer one time. I am thinking about glueing foam under the front part of my seat to raise it up slightly. Does any one do that, and will it hurt the boat by creating a spot with no give? What else do you guys do on your hard core river runners to create a tight fit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They have changed the seat. I felt like I sat much lower than the older model. I'm 5' 7" 165 lbs 29 inseam. I have a newer Remix 69 and I put 3/4" of minicell under the seat pad rather then gluing it under the seat. I use a 1/2" and 1/4" piece. It's easily removable and variable. I also replaced the LL thigh pads with 1" minicell. It creates a nice pocket for my knees and is very comfortable. I paddled the Middle Fork of the Salmon this summer and my knees felt great.

·
addict
739 Posts
I always put foam under the seat pad as opposed to the seat itself. The last Remix I owned had a problem with the seat sliding back and coming off the channel nuts that hold the seat in place. Foam under the seat may prevent this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts