Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a skip, but I find the backband pretty uncomfortable. Are there any backbands I can buy that are compatible with the ratcheting system out there? Does anyone else even have this problem? Help!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
the only time they are uncomfortable are when I am excited and I crank them down to hard. there are two kinds of back bands in LL.

Old style which has webbing at the end of the ratcheting straps going to the Back Band

New Style - which has a rigid plastic band going all the way around.

Old style there is an adjustment at the back of the cockpit that keeps the back band from falling down. make sure that you let that out enough so when you tighten the back band in doesn't fold in.

New style is rigid and does not have this adjustment.

If backing off on the tension and paying attention to the the folding caused by this back strap doesn't work. You can Call them up and get a retro fit to the new style back band. Make sure and get the guide hooks for it. I think if you send in your old one it was under $50 for the new. But I am not sure.

Peter

·
Registered
81 Posts
FYI: As of last year, they were selling the upgrade for $25 if you broke the old one, and $50 if you were just upgrading. I was not asked to send in my broken band for the replacement.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the new backband with the rigid plastic. The problem isnt that it moves when I'm boating, it's that the foam that covers the backband is so hard that the design on the backband is imprinted on my back. Does another company possibly make a retrofit for it, or should I just glue on some 1/4 inch foam?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think you are just going to have to drink more beer and develop some love handles. Mine do well but it takes serious training and commitment.

You could try other bands but IR makes LL bands and they are the only company that would work with the ratchet system. Maybe try the foam but also try tilting your pelvis forward when your boating and don't crank your band so tight for support and stretch your hamstrings. I am in my Space Cadet four days a week and I am pretty comfortable. Of course I am the original "Chubby Hubby" I wish I could be more help.

Peter

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you experimented with the ajustment strap that holds you backband down to the back of the seat?

The backband in my gus is bomber and totally comfortable, IF I ajust the strap down to the back of my seat. Otherwise it rides up and gets uncomfortable.
KO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts