Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highest I've ever paddled it, which doesnt mean a whole lot but it was outfuckingstanding today. Felt juicy and with no portages. Said to be an inch higher than Sunday. Definitely did not feel shallow. If you're up to it, I think the quality of the run at this time is much better then the guidebooks have always suggested.

Definitely wood to be aware of as well but we stayed in our boats the whole time. Be careful..but get sum!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Did you catch the level on the gauge on the bridge at the putin (it's on the upstream side, river left)? The lower gauge at the confluence with the main Poudre was 1 3/4 when we went by on Sunday afternoon. My recollection is that 90 on the gauge is a very good med-high level. I'd guess it's really rockin' at 95 or higher.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, unfortunately no I didnt look at the upper gauge and long since gave up on the lower gauge. I was too distracted by shiny firearms and helping get Jacks tiny 1983 skirt on his Villain rental. High side of good...i've always wanted to say that. And I should correct myself, the last guidebook says its worth doing at high water...so it's high..and probably approaching that 5- range I'd say. But i'd give her 4stars right now. ymmv.

Regarding the lines..Eric made a half joking comment today that i'd agree with. Everything is pretty much down the middle. Really.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just needed more aqua before I took your word.

Maybe a lil JoeW soon eh?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The gauge on the put-in bridge surged from 8.25 -8.75. While Kent and Jack blasted the Red Bull can with the 1911 and duct taped Jacks skirt, I looked at the gauge. The run is clean with plenty of fish habitat. It's the NEW Little South! Getchurselfsum! Guns, beer, bikes, and boats! BTW-Two runs in a row and they both took 2 hrs and 20 minutes. Ok Flowtorch, you can give me shit now for getting on the Buzz. I'll try not to make a habit of this. Just trolling. BTW2-Anyone else crack their Villain yet?

·
Registered
435 Posts
You guys got any estimates for how long it would take a party that didn't know the run at all (competent boaters)? Fc-FC? or takeout to takeout, whatever. Been trying to get on this with some flow for a while, but looks like time constraints might be a concern...looking at Friday with most of the day available if their's any guides in the bunch that want another lap.
cheers,
ian

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stubby,

It's about 10 miles from the put in to Poudre proper. If you give yourself 5 to 6 hours you should have enough time to scout the drops.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, give yourself three hours for the run maybe. Tough for me to say. We routed it sorta quick..did have to stop three or four times actually..to empty out swamped/cracked/leaky skirts and boats. I cant say total time from Foco to foco. If you have most of the day avail you should be ok. We left teds @ 1pm and got back at like 7pm.

Scouting is difficult but not impossible. I've never done it fwiw. The eddies are small, not tons of them and they might be a little spread out. A fair bit of good boogie and then the action sorta just sneaks up on ya in the two "gorges"(hard to discern).

·
Registered
137 Posts
This Mt buzz shit is like a disease. It goes to my email and won't stop. Flowtorch, tell me to stop or cut me off at the knees. My effing Super Sick Villian is ruined, but I could still be talked into running it this weekend in the Super Sick Sotar. Anyone up for paddling it in a small raft/ puma/ Shredder/ Mini Me, Small Oar frame? It's doable now that Scott Nefzger cut out the wood illegally and ruined the fish habitat. I'm kidding...everyone settle down. I'm kidding. The habitat is fine. The water temps have warmed up and the beautiful carp have started breeding like Mexican rabbits. No worries folks. Mexicans don't read this forum; they are to busy picnicking next to the river. Call me for a good time. E- 970 405 8002

anyone trying to get up there this weekend??

·
Registered
770 Posts
Paddled it tonight, no scouts, no portages, and maybe half a dozen eddys. Took an hour and fifty three minutes. It was easy to keep the quick pace having Marty and Nathan along. I would say its a bit harder than the North Fork, but the North Fork really only has two rapids and we scouted...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts