Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum but not to rafting! Learned to boat in the Southeast and now I'm in Colorado! Anyways, I felt the need to put together a resource containing all of the Rafting/Whitewater Gear Suppliers I could. Please feel free to contribute to the list!

NRS
Pacific River Supply
Strap Works
Wet Dreams River Supply
Cascade River Gear
Tuff River Stuff
4 Corners River Sports
Man of Rubber River Gear
Down River Equipment
Rafting Magazine
Utah Whitewater Gear
Whitewater Designs
Southern Raft Supply
Colorado Raft Frames
Eddyline Welding
Outdoor Play
Recretec Frames
Good Vibes River Gear
Rogue Gear Works
Rowframe Whitewater Equipment
Class V Adventure Gear
Clavey Paddlesports
Colorado Kayak Supply
Rivergear
Frontier Play
Madcow Metal Works
Stitches n Stuff
Welfelt Custom Raft Frames

I encourage people to contribute any products/resources that are not mentioned because I'm sure there's a lot I've missed. I'm at work right now, but as more items are added I will reorganize it to make it cleaner.

Maybe eventually a sticky?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Dreadlocks281, why not 280 or 282. Nevermind.

Wow Granby, Well welcome to Colorado. My childhood was SE boating up to age 21.

Our winter digs is in Tabernash and would love to hook up with you some time, either winter or summer. Do you do winter sports? And, how did you end up in Granby???????

Your list is mostly complete mail order wise.

Next door is Ice Box Sports in Fraser. Great people. Limited in depth.

If you want to get great service most locally relative to kayaking I suggest Golden River Sports, Confluence Kayaking and CKS not really in any order of ranking.

If you want to get great service most locally relative to rafting I suggest Down River Equipment, AAA Rafting, CKS, Tough River Stuff and River Boat Works in that order of ranking. I might have heard last week that River Boat Works is out of business. Forgive me if my source was incorrect.

Again, welcome to Colorado.
Ron

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ron, thanks for the info! Though I was aware of all of those places. Haven't visited Confluence yet though. Happy to connect in the valley. I'm a lift mechanic at Winter Park so we can ski on the "pre-river" snow. Haha

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I noticed that Colorado Raft Frames uses DRE towers. They have a photo on their web site that illustrates the problem that DRE towers have in association with large split rings. Notice the split ring on the oar lock to the right edge of the photo and that it may bind/impinge on the tower. I'll go dig up the thread that went for days concerning split rings. I don't think there ever was a photo showing the problem.

I think it was universally decided that threaded oarlocks are the way to go.

Just saying.

·
Super Moderator
4,177 Posts
Maybe I missed it but couldn't figure out how to edit my original post? Any advice?
Deadlock - Welcome to the Buzz and that's a great list of suppliers you've compiled. There's a specified length of time during which you can edit a post after which the content gets locked in barring edits by the moderation team.

-AH

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deadlock - Welcome to the Buzz and that's a great list of suppliers you've compiled. There's a specified length of time during which you can edit a post after which the content gets locked in barring edits by the moderation team.

-AH
Ok thanks! I'll just repost it with updates.

·
Registered
170 Posts
For custom sewn gear and good stuff there is solgear
https://www.solgear.com/
I sent him a template out of cardboard for my Jpw culebra and he made and awesome captains bag for it.

also
Raft frame, Cataraft, Cataraft frame, Rowframe, and Whitewater Equipment
his welding is really awesome. and you can get pipe at a local supplier so it is a cheaper way to get frames out east. The website is a hoot if you read the whole thing.
He built a frame for the culebra and it works great.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Colorado Raft Frame supply does use DRE orastands, and they make all the dryboxes DRE sells as well. Why reinvent the wheel I guess was their thinking.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
286 Posts
Colorado Raft Frame supply does use DRE orastands, and they make all the dryboxes DRE sells as well. Why reinvent the wheel I guess was their thinking.
Colorado Raft Frame was making some of our dry boxes for a couple of years, but we are now making all our dry boxes in house. We purchased the needed equipment towards the end of last season and are now fully up and running with dry boxes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Colorado Raft Frame was making some of our dry boxes for a couple of years, but we are now making all our dry boxes in house. We purchased the needed equipment towards the end of last season and are now fully up and running with dry boxes.
I was just in there yesterday looking at them with Travis, quality boxes for sure! Can't wait for my 16 footer to show up!

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts

While I understand the logic behind this from a business standpoint, I thought it pretty cool of DRE to shoot Carter the business, he's a cool cat trying his best as a little fish in a small pond... Shame you did it, but I understand.

Will have to give Carter my oarlock design LOL...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Montana folks to mention:
Trailhead River Sports has an awesome new store in Missoula
Neff's Whitewater Customs in Darby for frames and RMR rafts
Mad Cow Metal works in Bozo makes the baddest dryboxes in the business. IGBC
Montana Raft Frames in Huson has a rod holder I have dreamed about

Wherever your home base is from, shop some local guy's stores to keep their hobbie fund going too!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts